The symptoms of mercury toxicity mimic many of the symptoms of autism. Higher levels of mercury have been shown to create symptoms that last up to 30 years! It aggravates every other medical condition.
The World Health Organization (WHO) admits that there are no safe levels of mercury exposure. Common exposure comes from vaccines, medications, coal emissions, dental amalgam fillings, and contaminated fish. Even in small amounts, mercury is dangerous.
The extent of mercury damage to the brain and heart depends on age, sex, and genetic factors. Infants, children, and the elderly are the most at risk. Males are also higher risk due to testosterone increasing mercury’s neurotoxicity.
For more than 80 years, medical doctors have observed symptoms for those exposed to even very low levels of mercury.
Symptoms of mercury toxicity are:
• Excessive irritability/anger
• Timid behavior
• Impaired concentration
• Poor memory
• Abnormal motor coordination
• Suicidal tendencies
• Personality changes
• Obsessive compulsive disorder
SOME OF THE BIOLOGICAL AFFECTS OF MERCURY
• Can cause lifelong immune deficiency.
• Causes a loss of glutathione
• Resists removal of the pathogenic yeast Candida albicans
• Inactivates contacted molecules of glutathione two-fold.
• Reduces antioxidant levels
• Disrupts metabolism of creatine, causing poor muscle tone and weakness
• Renders the body defenseless against free radicals
• Interrupts protein synthesis
• Retards brain development by interfering with DNA and RNA function
• Depletes protein-bound sulfhydryl groups and lower the body’s immunity
• Destroys glutamate transport proteins responsible for removing glutamate from neurons causing mis-wiring of the brain (often causing dementia and problems with motor control)
• Destroys enzyme functioning creating faulty wiring of the brain
• Promotes the production of inflammatory cytokines, which are essential in fighting viruses
• Disrupts protein digestion
• Can enter the area of the brain called the hypothalamus, which is responsible for metabolic function, hormonal balance—including neuro-hormones—hunger, thirst, body temperature, and the circadian rhythm affecting the sleep-wake cycle. An injured hypothalamus can cause lifelong suppression of the immune system, and weaken the adrenals and thyroid.
• Can inhibit neurotransmitters (the brain’s messengers) such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine.
• Increases your body’s lipid peroxidation. This is when the fatty membranes in our body are oxidized by free radical damage. This, first and foremost, affects organs with a high fat content, such as the brain. It weakens the cell membranes and proteins within the cells. When this happens, enzymes are lost and cells cannot function.
• Increases susceptibility to seizures
• Renders the brain vulnerable to damage from excitotoxins
Phew, that’s a lot!
Join our Free Autism Recovery Workshop, The 4 Stages to Naturally Recover from the Symptoms of Autism. Stage 1: Healing the gut, Stage 2: Natural heavy metal detoxification, Stage 3: Clearing the Co-infections, Stage 4: Brain support and repair. Reserve your online seat here.
Help your child get the optimum results in Karen’s step-by-step online program, The Autism Moms Mentor, working to improve the biological health aspects for better focus and concentration, improved sleep, calmer moods, and a lot more. Already in over 35 countries, this program offers you the natural resources I used to recover my own son. It is unique in that it walks you through not only gut healing and detoxification, but also the co-infections often left out of a recovery program. It also includes additional components such as muscle testing and emotional clearing to empower you to get the best possible outcome with support from a mom who has done it!