Assistance with social situations
Having Asperger’s herself, Dr. O’Hara, shares from personal experience what it is like to live with it. She also shares some powerful tools to assist in equipping oneself to better function socially. Along with a natural health program to assist the biology back to health, one of the helpful resources that helped Dr. O’Hara, is the use of the Enneagram. The Enneagram is great for anyone but especially for adults with autism. It helps individuals learn how to read people so they can be more comfortable in social situations, naturally.This is the only scientifically validated online Enneagram test: https://www.wepss.com/
Tania A. Marshall, M.Sc. specializes in helping females navigate social engagement and life with Aspergers/autism. Tania’s website is, AspienGirl.com
My book, Naturally Recovering Autism, can be of great help in explaining more details about iron, zinc and copper, plus a lot more of the health issues related to autism and what you can do, naturally, for your child.
Some of the questions we address in this radio interview:
- You (Dr. O’Hara) had high functioning autism/Asberger’s yourself as a child – can you discuss that with us and your recovery?
- What are some of the important roles of Iron, Copper, and Zinc in the body? Why are balancing these minerals particularly important in Autism?
- What kinds of testing is available for these minerals?
- People are told by well-meaning traditional medical practitioners that if ferritin is low to take iron supplements – what could be the problem with this?
- Iron feeds pathogens – can you tell us more about that and how does it relate to cell danger response?
- How much do genetics play a role in iron and copper dysregulation?
- What are some of the things people can do if they have iron dysregulation or issues with copper/zinc balance?
- In looking at underlying root factors and particularly in regards to Cell Danger Response, what needs to be on the radar of parents of children with Autism?
Quickly Reduce Your Child’s Symptoms
of Autism by Eliminating 7 Specific Foods
that Most People Consume Daily.
Dr. Beth O’Hara’s Bio
Beth O’Hara is a Functional Naturopath, specializing in complex chronic health conditions related to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance, including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Mold Toxicity, and Chemical Sensitivities. She is the founder and owner of Mast Cell 360, a Functional Naturopathy Practice designed to look at all factors surrounding health conditions – genetic, biochemical, emotional, and environmental. She designed Mast Cell 360 to be the kind of practice she wished had existed when she was severely ill with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. Through her Mast Cell 360 Root Cause process, her clients regain their health and get their lives back. She holds a doctorate in Functional Naturopathy, a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and a Bachelor’s degree in Physiological Psychology, She is certified in Functional Genomic Analysis and is a Research Adviser for the Nutrigenetic Research Institute. She presents at Functional Medicine Conferences on Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Histamine Intolerance as well as training Functional Medicine practitioners in the use of genetics and biochemistry in these chronic health conditions.
Dr. O’Hara’s website is, mastcell360.com.