Trusts and wills for children with special needs are essential to have in place now, so their future is well prepared in advance. We need to be sure our children with special needs are cared for with or without us when we are either incapable, or no longer here.
In this podcast episode I interview attorney, Blake Baxter, on the subject of trusts and estate planning for children and adults with special needs.
Some of the questions we address in making sure the trust is set up correctly to protect your family are:
- Who do you talk to about setting up a trust?
- What kind of trust to have?
- Who will be the be the beneficiary, the executor, or have power of attorney?
- Who oversees the trust and handles the investments and accounts?
- What if I’m still alive but no longer capable of making decisions for my child or their care?
- Do I still need a Will if I have a trust set up?
- Who are special needs attorneys who set up estate planning and how do I find a reputable one I can trust near me?
Blake Baxter is the founder of Baxter Law and is a 37-year Encinitas, California resident who is passionate about working with and representing members of the local community in their legal matters. He believes in fierce advocacy, transparency, and grit to get things done. Call 760-845-PLAN to schedule a free consultation.” www.Baxter.Law.
For U.S. estate planning attorneys in your area, look up your city’s local bar association. Almost all have a referral service.
Quickly Reduce Your Child’s Symptoms
of Autism by Eliminating 7 Specific Foods that Most People Consume Daily!
The first crucial step of autism recovery is to begin restoring health to the gut and the immune system.
The health of the gut is directly linked to the health of the brain and therefore to the symptoms of autism. In fact, 80% of the immune system comes from the gut so if the gut is not healthy, then the brain can’t thrive, and the immune system is compromised. It’s a vicious cycle, but thankfully, it’s one that we can put an end to by first eliminating harmful foods.