One of the most important alternative techniques I have found for my children and myself has been natural allergy elimination or desensitization. It is a natural way to stop the immune system from over reacting to substances in both its internal environment and the external environment. Millions of people suffer from environmental and food allergies but do not realize all of the culprits causing them harm. This is extremely common in children on the autism spectrum or those with learning or behavioral challenges. The reaction to an allergen may not appear for up to 72 hours (three full days) after exposure. This can make it nearly impossible to determine what has triggered the response.
Natural allergy elimination treatment combines kinesiology, homeopathy and acupressure to determine which allergens you are sensitive to. This technique can be done on an individual of any age. The first appointment is about an hour and is used for assessment. The skilled practitioner will test your body’s immune response by muscle testing or computerized testing as the patient contacts vials of homeopathic tinctures corresponding to serums that contain potential allergens.
Sensitivity levels are gauged from one to ten. These serums cover every base from foods, chemicals, various toxins, pollens, barometric pressure, electromagnetic fields, to your own animals’ hair, supplements, medications and much more. Supplements, medications, dust or animal samples from your own home can be brought in for assessment and treatment too.
Once the allergens are found future sessions are scheduled for about thirty minutes. During treatment the patient holds onto or touches the vial with the homeopathic allergen in it. The vial can also be laid on top of a person or put into their sock to hold it against the body. While they are in contact with the vial the practitioner gently stimulates specific acupressure points along the spine to stimulate the central nervous system. Then acupressure points are stimulated on the arms and legs to open the rest of the meridians through the body. This opens the energy flow and allows the energy from the vials to flow through the body so the body now recognizes that energy as safe.
Once this is complete the patient rests for fifteen minutes while in contact with the homeopathic vial containing the allergen. After the treatment is over the patient must stay out of contact with the allergen for a specific amount of time (see below). Once complete the body sees the energy of the molecule, but now knows it is safe and stays calm. It changes the old patterns of defense.
It is always a good idea to go in for a quick re-test to be sure the allergen has cleared. This can happen the next day or the next week but it is wise to be sure the treatment worked properly on your body. Ninety eight percent of the time a single treatment for an allergen works.
Afterwards highly restricted diets are often no longer necessary. Once you are desensitized you can now eat or use those products, but do so with some discretion. My own daughter could not eat gluten with out severe stomach aches prior to being desensitized. She now can eat gluten without any problem unless she really overindulges. Even then the reactions are mild compared to what they used to be. Remember that dairy and gluten are not healthy foods as they may once have been. Through bioengineering they are no longer good for anyone, especially in large amounts.
The body will let you know if you have had too much of something through symptoms. Do not worry. This will not undo the treatment it just lets you know your level of tolerance. This is very individualized.
The allergy elimination technique has gone through three generations. All are still available today. I will explain some important differences.
1. The first generation was developed by Dr. Devi S. Nambudripad. It is known commonly as N.A.E.T therapy. This acronym comes from Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique. N.A.E.T. can only desensitize an individual for one allergen per appointment. If only one, two, or three allergens show up then this is fine. The downside of this is that commonly ten, twenty or more allergens show up so it can take many more appointments which mean more time and more money. The patient also needs to stay out of contact with the allergen for 24 hours after the treatment. This said, N.A.E.T does work well and my family has had great success with it, but additional options do exist. Practitioners are easy to find as many have been trained over the years. To find one near you go to www.naet.com.
2. The second generation was developed by one of Dr. Nambudripad’s students, Ellen Cutler. Dr. Cutler developed a refined program she calls BioSET. It is a combination of organ detoxification, enzyme therapy and allergy desensitization. Muscle testing and homeopathic vials are not commonly used to identify allergens in BioSET. Instead computer software is used to detect potential allergens to the system. As the patient holds onto a small metal rod their energies become connected with the computer program. Thousands of allergens have been programmed into the system. The practitioner uses a small probe on the palm of the hand to connect with the computer software system.
Once the allergens are found the same acupressure points along the spine are stimulated. An additional benefit to this method is that multiple allergens can be desensitized in one treatment which is more time and cost effective. The amount of time one stays away from the allergen after treatment varies per individual. For some it may be a few hours, but for others it may need to be closer to 24 hours. For a BioSET practitioner near you go to, www.drellencutler.com, and look under “BioSET system,” or call (415)384-0200.
3. The third generation is called Sensitivity Reduction Technique (SRI). It was developed by Dr. Shari Tenpenny who is one of the countries most knowledgeable and outspoken physicians regarding vaccines and the right to refuse them. She has developed additional attributes to allergy desensitization, www.tenpennyimc.com.
Sensitivity reduction technique, (SRI), uses muscle testing and homeopathic vials, but has the additional benefit of using Chinese energy medicine balancing vials. It is giving the body a new template. After the immune system has been told to stop doing what it has been incorrectly doing it needs to be re-directed to something it is supposed to do instead. It is like telling a child not to do something. They need to be given an action they can do or they may begin doing something else they are not supposed to.
SRI is capable of desensitizing multiple allergen groups in one treatment. Usually a total of only one to six treatments are needed. Allergens can be done in groups and are done in a specific order called foundations. Foundations of the body build upon one another, so they must be done in order.
1. Foundation one is for the immune system. It includes things in our internal environment that are always with us and we cannot get rid of. These include blood, lymph, urine, saliva, glandular secretions, the immune system, and the central nervous system.
2. Foundation two is phenol compounds. These include things we are surrounded by and cannot get away from permanently. The main exposure comes from petroleum products, mostly plastics.
3. Foundation three are the molecules that make up our nutrition such as proteins, fats, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Once these are addressed we will see more of the benefits of nutrients ingested.
Three hours is all that is needed after this treatment to stay away from all foods and potential allergens. This is a very short time in consideration to these types of treatments. Due to deprogramming old cellular memory after three hours the system knows the proper way to handle the energy from any of the treated allergens.
Many years before his SRI treatments my son had been desensitized from gluten by our N.A.E.T. practitioner. When tested now he is still clear, but tested positive, or allergic, to white flour. They seem so similar but have a different molecular make-up. Although green food coloring had come up years before now red coloring tested positive. It was the SRI treatment that picked up that my son’s body was not processing essential fatty acids.
In studies of patients treated through SRI, 87 percent were still completely allergy free five years later.
How do I find another practitioner that offer alternative resources?
A. Integrative medicine practitioners are scattered across the country. You can find doctors in your area through the websites of following professional organizations:
• American Academy of Osteopathy (AAO)
• The Cranial Academy
• American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)
• American Academy for the Advancement of Medicine (ACAM)
• International College of Integrative Medicine (ICIM)
• Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
• American Holistic Medical Association (AHMA)
Thank you for being proactive in your own health and the health of your child. Please pass this information and this website onto friends and loved ones whom you feel it could help. Also, stay tuned to my website, www.naturallyrecoveringautism.com, for the release date of my book, Naturally Recovering Autism,(TBR 2014).