Six Steps To Healthy Weight Loss
Healthy weight loss includes the following six steps. Many of these steps are either forgotten or unknown and they are essential.
- Have your thyroid levels tested by your health care practitioner.
- Have a saliva adrenal test done through your natural health care practitioner. Be sure to get the test that measures saliva at four different times of day. Diagnos-Techs is an excellent lab for this. They also test your gliadin (gluten) sensitivities in the same test. Support the adrenal glands with Drenamin by Standard Process (for pill takers). For non-pill takers, Ribes Nigrum Gemmo homeopathic liquid by Seroyal is a good choice.
- Balance the health of the liver. Supplements with milk thistle or its active form silymarin are very helpful. For adults and children the liquid product Liver Life by Bioray is an excellent choice.
- Follow my gut healing, leptin balancing diet available as a free download on the right side of each page on this website. Also, add the gut healing supplements, such as Omega 3 fatty acid DHA, and probiotics. They will help to heal the gut lining and balance candida. If gut dysbiosis or leaky gut are an issue, the product Glutagenics by Metagenics contains glutamine and other gut healing compounds. Plant-based enzymes may be helpful for proper digestion. Good choices are Digest-Gold from Enzymedica, and Trienza from Houston Enzymes.
- Helpful brain supplements are important. If anxiety is a problem, then the supplement GABA can be very helpful. If satiety is an issue, especially around 4:00 P.M. when levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin become low, get muscle tested for serotonin imbalance. Serotonin is responsible for assisting to control sleep and appetite. If needed, add 100 mg of the supplement 5HTP to your regimen around 4:00 P.M. It is best taken on an empty stomach for better absorption, but a bite or two of food is fine if nausea is a problem when taking it. Note: 5HTP can cause nausea when first taken. If you can take pills, I suggest an enteric coated 5HTP. This will not cause nausea. Also take magnesium daily as low levels of magnesium can cause leptin and insulin resistance.
- Take supplements that are helpful to balance blood sugar. Chromium picolinate is a mineral that is helpful in balancing blood glucose levels, reducing hunger cravings and improves the metabolism of carbohydrates. It can be extremely helpful with sugar cravings! Ubiquinol, which is the active form of COQ10, decreases blood glucose levels by over thirty percent, increases metabolism, increases energy, is an antioxidant, and increases the level of glutathione inside of the cells. Glutathione is the master antioxidant. Zinc also helps to stabilize insulin.
- The above supplements can be found in most health food stores and here on this website.
Join our Free Autism Recovery Workshop, The 4 Stages to Naturally Recover from the Symptoms of Autism. Stage 1: Healing the gut, Stage 2: Natural heavy metal detoxification, Stage 3: Clearing the Co-infections, Stage 4: Brain support and repair. Reserve your online seat here.
Help your child get the optimum results in Karen’s step-by-step online program, The Autism Moms Mentor, working to improve the biological health aspects for better focus and concentration, improved sleep, calmer moods, and a lot more. Already in over 35 countries, this program offers you the natural resources I used to recover my own son. It is unique in that it walks you through not only gut healing and detoxification, but also the co-infections often left out of a recovery program. It also includes additional components such as muscle testing and emotional clearing to empower you to get the best possible outcome with support from a mom who has done it!
Read more of the details in my book, Naturally Recovering Autism.
Follow me on Facebook!