Five of the most important ways to reduce or remove headaches are:
- Hydration:First and foremost to avoid headaches you must stay hydrated by drinking enough pure water (not contaminated tap water). This simple step can be surprisingly helpful in reducing or removing a headache. Headaches are a common symptom of dehydration.
2. Foods: Common foods to avoid that can cause headaches are sugar, wheat/gluten, dairy/casein, monosodium glutamate, aspartame, soy, and food dyes of all colors. You can muscle test to see if something you ate is the culprit. See my muscle testing video on Youtube to test for any food allergies.
3. Environmental toxins: Exposure to new environments brings new toxins from carpeting, household cleaning agents, pesticides in the air and much more. Headaches as well as behavioral issues are very common symptoms of toxic exposure. Of course, the best idea is to remove yourself from that environment, but the homeopathic product Enviroprotect by Apex Energetics is a fabulous way to reduce or remove environmental sensitivities such as headaches when you’re in a pinch.
4. Craniosacral: Craniosacral therapy can assist the bones of the head back into balance. They can become imbalanced from physical impact, but also from stress. Headaches are a common symptom of cranial bone imbalances. See my Youtube video on a couple of craniosacral holds that can help. To find a professional craniosacral therapist go to www.milneinstitute.com, and click on practitioners, or go to www.upledgerinstitute.com. From these sites you should be able to find an educated and experienced practitioner close enough to you in most places worldwide.
5. Low serotonin: A little known culprit of headaches is low serotonin. Serotonin is the king of neurotransmitters (brain messengers). It helps balance mood, sleep, and appetite, but can also cause headaches when the body is deficient in it. The supplement 5HTP is an excellent natural way to build serotonin in the body. You can use muscle testing to see if you may be in need of it, (see my Youtube videos on muscle testing). If you are already taking antidepressant you should talk to your doctor before you begin taking it as it works so well that along with medications it can be too much.
You can find all of this and much more in my book, Naturally Recovering Autism.
Join our Free Autism Recovery Workshop, The 4 Stages to Naturally Recover from the Symptoms of Autism. Stage 1: Healing the gut, Stage 2: Natural heavy metal detoxification, Stage 3: Clearing the Co-infections, Stage 4: Brain support and repair. Reserve your online seat here.
Help your child get the optimum results in Karen’s step-by-step online program, The Autism Moms Mentor, working to improve the biological health aspects for better focus and concentration, improved sleep, calmer moods, and a lot more. Already in over 35 countries, this program offers you the natural resources I used to recover my own son. It is unique in that it walks you through not only gut healing and detoxification, but also the co-infections often left out of a recovery program. It also includes additional components such as muscle testing and emotional clearing to empower you to get the best possible outcome with support from a mom who has done it!
Follow me on facebook!